With over 20 years’ experience in Private Practice, Alison is a warm and friendly person who is committed to making a lasting positive difference to her patients. With years of dedicated further study and experience in she is proficient in all aspects of reconstructive and cosmetic dentistry with a special interest in Implant Dentistry.
Alison graduated as a dentist from the University of Adelaide in 1992 with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery. In 1994 she was awarded a Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry, also from the University of Adelaide. She returned to study in 2013 and was awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Aesthetic Dentistry with distinction from Kings College London in 2016. In 2014 she undertook a Dental Implant study tour to the Avinenet Implant company in Spain, and she completed the Australian Society of Implant Dentistry Accreditation in 2015.
Adults with missing, crooked, damaged or worn teeth often have more than one way to restore their dentition to full function and a confidant smile. She is able to provide comprehensive dental care options with common sense and the long term in mind.
Alison is an active member of the Australian Society of Implant dentistry; The International Congress of Oral Implantologists; a member of the Australian Dental Association and the Australian Prosthodontic Society.
- Dr Alison Wissman (BDS - GradDipClinDent)
A private dental practice using modern dental equipment, techniques and infection control standards, providing general dental services including preventative, reconstructive, cosmetic and emergency care
PARTNER / DENTIST 2002 – Current
- Management of the daily operations of the practice
- Provided and managed direct care, including examinations, preventative care, restorative dentistry, reconstructive care (both fixed & removable), cosmetic dentistry, endodontic treatments, treatment of tooth wear, conservative periodontal care dental implants restoration and exodontia
- Managed up to 7 staff and professional development facilitation
- Provided direct general dental care
- Interviewed and employed new staff, including dentist, to supply the increased customer base in the practice
- Staff training
- The remote practice has fostered independence and facilitated the expansion of a varied skill set including restorative dentistry, endodontic, removable and fixed prosthodontics (both conventional and implant retained), conservative periodontal therapy, cosmetic dentistry, the treatment of dental wear, preventative care and minimal intervention techniques, exodontia and emergency care
- Improved the health of clients instilling with them a ‘teeth for life’ mind set through education, prevention, changes to lifestyle, nutrition and hygiene habits
- Built a strong customer base through word-of-mouth referrals
- Becoming a partner to the business with 2 other silent partners
- Refurbished the premises from a single room to 3 modern and well equipped rooms and revitalized the practice to a more friendly and welcoming environment
- Implementation of a computerized system to the practice, and launched the practice website
- Instrumental in maintaining safe infection control and amalgam waste standards
- Participating in the Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation